Monday, December 20, 2010

Thrift Score: Holy Shoes!





I hit vintage pay-dirt at the thrift store this weekend. I got some great clothes (pics to come). But lets talk about my new shoes for a minute.



Faux fur-lined red leather hi-tops anyone? Oh yeah, that's right. The fur, inside and out, is crazy clean and the soles are good to go. They are a little worn in the toes but that's to be expected from 20 y.o. sneakers. Honestly,not really my style, but they are comfortable as sh*t so I may keep these babies.



Just a pair of classic, suede, slouchy ankle boots. They  are a teensy bit too small for me so they are getting stashed for the soon-to-be-open vintage clothes and accessories section of my Etsy shop. I want the section to open with a bang so I am hording.



I love Mary Janes, and these are super precious. The t-strap is a golden chain! The silhouette reminds me of the 60s but I'm pretty sure they are dancin' shoes from 80s. None of that matters.They were made for me.



And here we have a pair of ubiquitous brown suede boots from the 70s. They are pretty standard. I have a pair, almost exactly like this, that has been a staple of my wardrobe for the past 4 years. They might give out any day now and I'll have this pair around for back-up



Oh these? Well they aren't vintage. They're just a pair of relatively-current Steve Maddens that I found for 6 bucks. I don't think they have ever been worn. I really love spectator shoes and this pair is particularly fetching.



Yay vintage Hush Puppies! Don't these boots kind of look like they were made recently by an Urban Outfitters brand, maybe Seychelles or Cooperative?  Well they weren't. They were made by Hush Puppies, like, 30 years ago.                                    

None of the shoes above cost more than 8 dollars. And they are better quality, and more interesting, than a lot of the stuff out there for 10 times that price. You don't need to spend a bunch of money to have an awesome wardrobe. And you don't have to exploit foreign workers, or natural resources, to get stuff cheap.

Thanks for visiting me in internet land. Tomorrow, I'll be posting the first in a weekly series of thrift tips. So come check me out if you want to read my version of the when, where, what, how, and with whom of finding the best second hand stuff in your area.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...