Sunday, January 9, 2011

Inspiration: Children of Le Belle Époque


My friend Pete inherited his father's collection of old photos and post cards from the turn of last century. For Christmas, he let me go through them and pick some out for myself. Here are a few that I got around to scanning.




First we have young Master Abraham Joseph Leon, age 3 in 1905. Then a beautiful birthday post card. Next is a fancy little (dutch? German?) lad with a stuffed dog. And the last is my absolute favorite. It is a French Easter card and it is perfect. I love their outfits, their angelic faces, the pussy willow bouquets. Everything about it makes me happy.

And these are just beginning. I will get around to scanning the rest soon. I will also be scanning the "Useful Birds of North America by Arm and Hammer Baking Soda" trading cards that my Grandma collected in the 30s. They are beautiful and should be shared.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, these kids are so darn adorable! It makes modern family photography look so dull!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...