Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sparrow Song (video)




Hello loves,

 how about this beautiful 70s graphic-print dress? I love it so much. It came from a vintage store on Belmont  where a friend of mine works. I've been hesitant to go there. Probably because I am so proud of finding vintage, on my own, at thrift stores. But  I'm glad I finally checked it out. They had a nice selection of affordable dresses (12 bucks). I got three and I didn't have to dig too much. I'm sure you'll be seeing them.

Yeah, that's me, my little vox combo-amp (thanks Anthony/Craig's List) and my electric mandolin. I bought it on a whim at a pawn shop. And now I can't live without it.

I have been concentrating a lot on work and music lately. Not that my work at the record store is very difficult, I just work a lot of hours. I also have my first show as a one-woman band (and my first show, besides open mic, in years) on the 21st.

I made a little video of  myself performing one of my original songs, if you're interested in hearing it...

Sparrow Song from Dominique D'Amico on Vimeo.



It's called sparrow song. When I was a little girl my grandma gave me a guide to the birds of North America. The first bird I identified was the common House Sparrow. And I've wanted to be one ever since.

thanks for reading
xo
D

3 comments:

  1. Your song is gorgeous! I love how the layers build on one another gradually. Very soothing and peaceful. You have a great voice as well. It's got soouuullll!

    Also, that dress is brilliant. Do want.

    Best of luck on your show! That's got to be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kat I really appreciate your comments. It's good to know I have at least one person reading this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you use your hands and face so expressively instead of just tapping the mic like so many do.
    Also- you have an unbelievable voice.
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...