Monday, January 31, 2011

Knit Project: A Ruffled Collar


Last week, when I wasn't feeling well, I decided to design/knit a lacy, detachable collar. After a couple false starts, I completed the one above. It is completely improvised, so it's one of a kind. I can duplicate the form, but the eyelet pattern will be slightly different every time. Isn't it darling? I love how it turns a boring sweater into something unique and eye-catching. I want to put it out into the world because I'm curious what the response will be. I think I'm going to list it in my Etsy shop and see what happens. 
Oh I'm also trying something different with my hair. I have been too lazy to cut my bangs an I think I may grow them out. I have had bangs for the last decade so I am a little scared to expose my forehead. I am just going to keep pinning them to the side until I panic and cut them.

Oh and sorry about the lack of thrift tips last week. I will be back with more tomorrow....

xo
D

9 comments:

  1. the collar is so darling and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely collar! i wish i have that kind of talent in knitting. keep it up! :-)

    Babi
    http://whenbabispeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love it! What a great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! I've been on the hunt for a lace collar, so I may be visiting your etsy shop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely collar, wish i could make stuff like that
    thank you for the stylish blogger award
    Ashley X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This so adorable. I loved it. You do great stuff girl.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, this is so pretty,
    I'd kill for the pattern :o
    awesome job <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you make a pattern for this??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...