Monday, January 17, 2011

Thrift Score: From America's Dairy Land With Love



I finally took a long overdo trip up to Wisconsin to do some thrifting. It was pretty awesome. I scored super-cute vintage dresses and found my new most-favorite-est thirft shop in the world. It definitely pays to go out of the city. I can't wait to go back but I won't be eating at Culver's again for at least a year (butter burger= ridiculous). Here are a few of my finds...


A darling 1970s floral cotton dress, 4$. It's long sleeved but very sheer and light. A great spring transition piece.


A Precious precious PRECIOUS 1960s butterfly collared baby doll dress 2.5$. It needs to be shortened. I want it to be above the knees. It's floor length right now.


A 1970s tweed vest-and-skirt set that fits like a glove 3$


Some 'Dillas 1.5$


A striped, sparkly-metallic 1970s sweater, 2$. The label says 'Organically Grown' but it's made from polyester and rayon. I guess that term didn't have quite the same meaning back then that it has today.


Some vintage ribbon, 1$

 And the BEST vintage skinny belt ever 0.75$

But thats not all. I also found a couple of vintage blouses, (i'm wearing one of them right now) another cotton dress that needs some repairs, and one of the best fitting vintage coats ever. It's light, more of a rain coat than a winter coat. I plan on wearing it today, and taking pictures.

I can't wait to style/wear my new stuff in the coming weeks. I'm dreaming of spring. Sometimes it makes me sad to live in Chicago where the winters are so extreme. I love the snow. But because I walk/take the train everywhere, I have to dress appropriately. It's hard to dress cute and stay warm. I get stuck in a wool-skirt-sweater-tights-boots or jeans-sweater-boots rut. Boring.

Does anyone else out there live where it is below zero half the year? How do you dress warm and keep it interesting?


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that green 60's dress! My absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've always loved kelly green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green dress it to DIE for!!! I'm starting to think that my local thrift stores just don't stack up the the apparently brilliant ones near you :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I drove about 120 miles to the middle of Wisconsin to find that stuff. The stores around me aren't as good as the ones out in the sticks. And everything is way cheaper out there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm just about to check out your lovely blog, hoping we could follow one another with google friend connect? I follow you now :)

    Love the pics, really amazing and very inspiring!

    xx viviane
    hippiebohoreloaded

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is sooo sweet! and those ribbons, pretty! great finds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...