Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Great Chicago Blizzard of 2011


Blouse: Target 
Sweater: free box in an alley (whatever, its cashmere)
yet another wool Skirt: thrifted/vintage
Boots: thrifted/vintage

I took these pictures this afternoon just before the snow started coming down in buckets. We are supposed to get more snow this week than we've had since 1999. But life doesn't stop for the weather. I had an international order to ship and nail polish to buy. I live about 3 blocks from the main post office but it was still a crazy walk. I couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of me and my tears were freezing on my cheeks. But this outfit plus a hat scarf and gloves kept me pretty warm. If this weather keeps up I may not leave the house tomorrow. My day will consist of tea, yarn and netflix.

xo
D.

P.S. I am getting really sick of my low quality photos. My camera < an iphone



9 comments:

  1. Brrrr! I've been listening about that storm on the radio, not fun :(




    (i totally alley shopped when I was in university and had an alley to shop in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree about the camera - I love how your pictures look. The outfit is adorable. I really like how you paired the blue item with the high-neck blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kathryn. I do like the composition of the photos.But I don't like the lack of detail. I also don't like setting the 10 second timer and then running in front of the camera to quickly pose, and then running back and setting the timer again. I would like a camera that could take continuous shots on a timer. Honestly though, it works. I don't have the money to spend on a new one. If I did have that kind of money I would probably spend it on yarn/shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to your blog and this outfit is so perfect together. I love the way the skirt fits and the length of it. The belt and boots bring it together effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look. Great layering!
    Stay warm.

    www.iheartcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous outfit, I love the shades of navy and that awesome skirt, and you are a gorgeous chick. Yes, the camera has a sad lack of quality :( I feel for you, from time to time my camera sucks and then it is ok and then it is great, I really don't get how machines work. I believe in some Terminator scenario, somewhere in our future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look! Love the colour palette and those boots are FAB, they are such a gorgeous colour! As for the weather. Yikes, stay warm. So happy to have found your blog, it's lovely, off to peek at your Etsy store. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love those boots!!!

    and the blizzard has hit boston pretty hard this week! 2 snow days! whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's amazing that you found a cashmere shirt is an alley ! wonderful blog !
    http://haggardlibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...