Monday, April 18, 2011

Did I mention I'm an Audio Engineer?

  

Or at least I'm trying to be. I think I'm pretty good at it, but I don't make a living recording. I just love it. Especially analog recording.

I wanted to share some pictures from a day in Control B. A little peak into my life beyond thrifting and crafts.

2 tracks of 10k tone, as played through the repro heads , pre-azimuth adjust. 
Adjusting repro gain
I was actually making a cassette that day. So I used this when I was done to judge how it would sound on a regular old boom box.



Since this blog is supposed to be about clothes and crafts I didn't want to get into too much gear talk but if you have questions about what I was working on let me know. And speaking of clothes...this is how I look on an average day at the studio...

Casual 

6 comments:

  1. Jeez, looks complicated! I took an audio/video class in High School. It was pretty interesting and intense. At some point, I did know how to set up some of the equipment, but that knowledge has been long forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks really interesting, I'm supposed to know something about sound for my job but I mostly blag my way thru! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FoofandFaff: You're a projectionist aren't you? I always thought that would be a really fun job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Dominique! That's so cool that you're an audio engineer. I design and build electronic musical instruments and also record at home. I too am enamored of analog sound equipment! I'm just getting into blogging and writing about my "vintage" life, but after spending 8 1/2 hours splicing tape into loop cassettes yesterday I've been feeling like I've been living a double life, keeping a secret from people who only know about my "vintage" online persona ;)

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little jealous - I've never gotten to adjust a tape machine that in depth. I was fortunate enough to work on a project out of that room, though, and it was awesome! Great pics, and great blog! I love your Etsy as well. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you've got some really cool gear. I keep it pretty simple with just a pro tools setup, a few synths, mics, and some monitors.
    I've been looking into getting some new gear, but im so used to working with what i have.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...