Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Little Trim Makes a Time-Warp





A few moths ago, I found this plain old 90s sack dress at the thrift shop. I dug the impressionist nose-gay floral print, and there was something cool about the way it fit, but it was nothing special...     


On another thrift trip, a couple months later, I found a bag of old ribbons and notions that included some great faux-crochet (faux-chet?) trim. Today, I decided to put the two together... 
  
        

The end result is a little tie-back baby doll that I will totally wear...




 I like it much better now. I  feel like I opened a ribbon-lined worm-hole from 1993 to 1969. Now it's more granny/girly, more my style. It's also a little more flattering. I'm also considering shortening it a  bit. Why not complete the time-warp and make it a mini? But I'm a little torn. I sort of like the length. I think I'll wear it a couple times before I decide.

Anyways thats it. A little trim and some hand sewing can make a so-so dress a little more wearable. Actually,  some of you might think the dress was better before I go my hands on it. If so let me know. I can handle it. 


Thanks for reading,


XO
D


Oh and  PS, I added two new dresses to my Etsy Shop today. Go over there and check them out if you feel like it. 




7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! As always very impressed. I like the length on you, but I could see it shorter too. Very cute for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh pretty! Great finds too, I like to see before and afters, I'm not so good at the imagination stuff, I usually just 'remake' something by trimming hemlines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah looking the pics, it needs shortening for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing!! I think you should shorten it a bit too. But the trim is so pretty and completely transformed the dress. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!! it looks completely amazing!!!!!!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really cute with the added ribbons! Did you decide if you're going to shorten it yet? If I had to pick, I'd keep the length. I think it's perfect the way it is now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...